Monday 7 March 2011

Hello Spring!

Today has finally brought the arrival of Spring!  In my opinion anyway... with a temperature averaging around 10 degrees and only 4mph wind with the sun shining and not a cloud in the sky...it feels glorious!  I even found myself staring at the trees today to try and catch a glimpse of the very first leaves of 2011!  Unfortunately my eyesight is beyond that vision.

The arrival of spring is such a happy moment, you can finally unwrap from all of your winter layers and embrace the lovely spring weather once again, the air actually feels amazingly fresh!  I plan to make the most of it until our April showers arrive.

December 2010 was actually the coldest it's ever been for the last 100 years, I can't believe it!  My boyfriend in Norway would probably just laugh at that though, the temperatures he has to face are absolutely freezing compared to our minimal -9 degrees.  Here's an article explaining why December was the coldest for the last 100 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-12119329

No comments:

Post a Comment