Sunday 24 June 2012

Apologies! Remorses! Regrets! ...Sorry!

I'm so so sorry that I have not been active as of late, my Norwegian classes have been taking up my time, as well as Lessi!  Let me introduce our new little friend...Lessi!


Lessi is a female 2 and a half year old Cairn Terrier.  She's such a lovely character, can be sneaky at times too!  She's not stupid!  We got her on the 1st April, so we've had her nearly 3 months now, its flown by!  We've been on quite a few trips with her already, we regularly visit the local lake, where she can run free, although she can't right now as there's a certain time in Norway where its illegal to have your dog off the lead...which is slightly depressing, you'd think it would make more sense to have them off the lead now, when they can actually go outside because its not meters deep in snow, icy, and when the hunters are out in the woods shooting anything that moves, it doesn't make much sense to me to be honest!!!  We've loved every moment with her so far and look forward to a happy life with her!

I visited home in April for my Dad's 60th birthday, i had an amazing time, it was so lovely to be back with my family again.  We went on a mini break to Portland near Weymouth and had fantastic weather, we were actually able to sit out on the balcony we had in our holiday place, it was lovely!   I would definitely go back there.

Since I've been back I have just been focusing on my Norwegian lessons and trying to bring my Norwegian up to speed!  I feel that I've come a long way since I started just 6 months ago, i can nearly read all Norwegian, I can write a little less and I can understand a little less than that, but my speaking is still very basic, you really need to be able to think on the spot and translate in your head super fast to be able to actually speak a different language, its so hard for me!  I'll really have to practice my speaking over the summer holiday as i have a test in October!  I finished for the summer holidays last Thursday and start back again on the 20th August.  I'm hoping that I can consider finishing and step out into the big wide world after Christmas, fingers crossed!

My family will be visiting us here in Norway for the first time next Saturday!  I'm so excited yet nervous at the same time, I'm hoping they like it here!  Now I've finished school, this last week will be spent preparing for their arrival, sorting out the apartment, buying food etc....I can't wait to see them!  I'll be driving down to the airport to pick them up the most excited I've ever been I think!  We've many plans during their 2 week stay, visiting the royal palace in Oslo, staying in a cabin for 3 nights, visiting Sweden for cheap shopping!  Tours around the local nature, mountains, lakes etc....visiting the Olympic Stadium in Lillehammer, visiting Hamar, Trysil, and many more!  It will be a fun-filled 2 weeks!

I better be off to do some more clearing in the apartment, I'm scared I'll wake the dog though, she's sound asleep next to me on the sofa, snoring away, bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment