Friday 28 January 2011

Here we go...

So...here I am, attempt no.3 at keeping a blog!  I can't promise it'll be any good but I think I might have some interesting things to write about over the next coming months.  I can't promise that this will be updated on a regular basis either, seeing as I'm currently studying in my last year at University (hurray!) but i'll try my best :)

I suppose I should probably thank my boyfriend Thomas for persuading me to start one up again, not that he did any actual persuading, I was just tempted again after seeing his!  So...takk kjæreste :)

Seeing as this is my first post here I should probably write a little about myself.  I'm currently studying a BA Hons Degree in Popular Music and Record Production at Southampton Solent University in England, I am originally from Bristol.  I have an amazing boyfriend who lives in Norway (jealous!) and he happens to be the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I have one brother who lives with my parents back in Bristol (who is also called Thomas), I should probably also point out that my Dad's name is also Thomas so...it tends to get a little confusing!

I really enjoy listening to music, watching films, playing games (Big World of Warcraft nerd!) and reading books.  All of which I shall probably write about at some point.  I also enjoy going back to Bristol to visit my family as well as traveling to Norway as often as I can to visit my boyfriend.  I work at Southampton Solent University's Library as a library shelver, just to get a small amount of money in to keep me going whilst I study.  I also have a summer job back home in Bristol at a cafe at Avon Valley Country Park.

As well as enjoying all of these things in my spare time, most of my time at the moment seems to be taken up with uni work!  I am currently writing a 10,000 word dissertation on Norwegian Black Metal; I am also part of a project at the moment which is writing audio and sound effects to a game which is currently being made.  As well as these 2 big pieces of work I have a few 2,000 word essays to write as well, so forgive me if I don't post a blog as often as I should!  Oh and on top of this I am also obviously learning Norwegian :p  (it's a slow progression whilst studying for my degree at the same time...)

So I guess that is all you need to know for now, not that anybody will probably read this!  But I guess it's going to be a good way to vent out all of my stress during the next few months as I try to finish my degree.  I'll also probably enjoy reading back through it all some time in the future.

I'll try to keep the posts as interesting as possible, but I'm not making any promises.

Comments are most welcome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment