Friday 28 January 2011

Proof

This afternoon I watched a film called 'Proof'  as it was made available to watch for free on the BBC IPlayer - don't you just love the internet!  The film is about an old mathematician who has gone crazy in his old age. His daughter is scared that she might have exactly the same genes and eventually go crazy too.  Surrounding this drama is the fact that after the old mathematician dies, a notebook is found in his office, containing important formula for calculating something to do with prime numbers (don't ask me what - I'm no mathematician!).  This formula is something that apparently mathematicians have been trying to solve for many years.  The daughter claims she wrote it  but others dispute this as the handwriting looks oddly similar to her fathers.

I won't write anymore as I don't want to spoil the plot for those who wish to see it.  It stars Gwyneth Paltrow, Anthony Hopkins and Jake Gyllenhaal.  This film could probably be seen as slow going for some viewers but I definitely recommend you watch it, even if it's just saved for a rainy day!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0377107/

No comments:

Post a Comment