Friday 24 February 2012

A Pleasant Surprise!

This week definitely hasn't been a dull one!  On Tuesday it was Pancake Day, yes you guessed it...I made pancakes!  They were the best ones that I have ever made, even if I do say so myself!  I made plain pancakes with raisins, then covered them in sugar and lemon juice, they were absolutely delicious!  They tasted just like the ones that my Mum makes so it very much reminded me of home.


On Wednesday I had a few friends from my Norwegian Class round and I made them Cottage Pie to give them a taste of England!  (I also made pancakes for dessert seeing as it was Pancake Day just the day before!).  They all seemed to enjoy it and went home completely stuffed, mission accomplished!


Yesterday I had a huge surprise!!  Some friends of my boyfriend and I gave me an old spark!  It was their Grandmother's and they thought that I could now have it instead...how lovely!  I didn't see that coming at all!  Ever since I first came to Norway I have fallen in love with the spark, and now I have my very own!  It needs some work but i'm sure I can do something with it, I'm just so very happy!!  Huge thanks to Nina and Bård!  That was so very very kind of you!! :)


The next few days here in Norway are meant to be really nice, with temperatures reaching 6 degrees, that's tropical!  I think a few mini trips can be planned to make the most of the sunshine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment