Monday 19 September 2011

I just couldn't resist...

I feel like I should apologise or something, which would probably be really stupid and uncalled for, seeing as all I have done is buy a second pair of snow boots!  I sit and think aww how beautiful and how warm my little toes will be once i'm in Norway and covered in snow!  Then the evil side of my brain reminds me of my current bank status...ouch.  Then I go on to tell myself that alas!  All is fine!  They were only £20 after all...then I sit back and have another sigh thinking... how on earth will all of this fit in my suitcase?!  Only 24 days to go!!  I actually cannot wait.

I finally finished reading Little Women today, it has always been on my TBR list since I was a little girl when my Grandma bought me the book, this was only the children's version however so I have been reading the full version on my kindle app on my phone.  The first book that I have used on this kindle app. The story was beautiful, I really felt like I had some sort of connection with each of the characters and I loved trying to imagine their old fashioned voices with their long speeches!  Such a wonderful tale of 4 loving sisters.  I am not quite sure that I have come round to the idea of using a kindle however, when I read a book,  I like to keep my finger where the next chapter starts so that I know how long there is until the next chapter (I can't finish reading a book without coming to the end of a chapter).  Obviously with a kindle you are unable to do this, all you get to see is a percentage amount of how far through the story you are, this made the story feel so slow going!  I'm not too sure if i'll be sticking to a kindle any time soon.  I can't wait to get my hands on an actual book again!  I have put aside some time tonight for me to start my next one, of which I shall decide shortly...

No comments:

Post a Comment