Sunday 23 October 2011

A Breath of Fresh Air

Yesterday I didn't feel too good, I think all of the strong smells from the cleaning products that I had used the day before and the washing smells from the clothes I was washing became too much.  I felt as if I had a really heavy cold.

In the afternoon I decided to take a walk outside to try and clear my head for a while.  The time was about 3:15pm.  The funny thing was....it was as if there was a mass evacuation occurring in Elverum that I hadn't heard about!  On a Saturday, the majority of the shops/offices etc...all shut around 2/3pm.  So while I was out on my walk, everyone was getting in their cars and driving out of Elverum.  The road's were actually quite busy which is a rare occurrence in Elverum, compared to that of 'busy' in England.  Everyone was driving out of Elverum, it was quite funny to watch actually!  It was like all that anyone was thinking was 'I'm done here, I've gotten what I came for, good riddance!  Bye bye!'.



It was a rather gloomy day, however the air still felt much fresher than that in the UK.  I was out for just over an hour and my head felt so much better.  I walked by the river (my favourite spot), up to the train station, so that I could see how they were getting on with building the new Bus terminal.

 
I then headed back up past our apartment, and up towards the water tower so that I could have a nice view looking down at Elverum.  The water tower is actually on the same site as the Old Fort which dates back to 1665!


Also, on the same site, there are several memorial statues to remember those who died in the wars.  Its such a lovely place to have such memorials, what with having (in my opinion), the best view in Elverum.




The view from the top of the hill doesn't look anywhere near as beautiful in pictures as it does in real life.  Every time I go up there I am amazed by how beautiful the view is, yet I take a picture and it just looks average!  Beautiful, but average.


I even managed to spot our apartment in the distance! (Its the brown building in the centre of the picture for those of you who don't know!)


Today I am having a relaxing day, lazy Sunday!  Thomas has just gone to work so I have the next 8 hours to do what I like.  I'm planning on putting the Gerbils in their playball for the first time today, should be entertaining!  I'll do something productive tomorrow, I promise.




1 comment:

  1. Loved your photoset and writing. Fresh air always does a body good.

    ReplyDelete