Wednesday 26 October 2011

Well that's put a spanner in the works...

I had my 'interview' with the Norwegian Lesson people yesterday, I was so so nervous even though I had no need to be!  Once I had arrived, all the 'interview' was, was a simple meeting with the secretary to discuss my personal details, make sure they had my number and address etc...all she had to tell me was that a Teacher would contact me sometime before Christmas to have the actual interview with me, where they would decide what level I am at for Norwegian Lessons.  She also informed me that I will not be able to start Norwegian Lessons until after Christmas.  I know I should be glad about this, because this means I will have all the time in the world to really make this Christmas how I want it, celebration wise and decoration wise within our apartment.  However I am so bored already, let alone having to wait 2 more months until I can actually go out and do something productive!  My boyfriend says I should embrace the free time that I have, however I'm just so bored, i'm done with embracing free time!  I guess this means I can have more time to practice Norwegian at my own pace though, plus we'll be able to save more money to go towards my lessons, I must think of the positives!

I guess i'm just disappointed because yesterday was the day that I was originally told that I would be assessed for my 'Norwegian Level'.  It just seems such a long winded process.  Another funny point is that the secretary stated that they normally prefer it if their students have a Norwegian ID number already, however to obtain this ID number you need to have a job, however to get a job you need to be able to speak Norwegian....yup, you guessed it, to learn Norwegian you need to have lessons!  Its just an ongoing circle!  This whole system just seems a little ridiculous, I mean I completely understand the whole point of needing an ID number, however it seems that somewhere along the line, someone didn't think of the process quite thoroughly enough.

Today I need to write a letter to Student Finance, they've sent my form back to me and 'rejected' my overseas move form because I need a letter to prove that I will be relying on 3rd party finances, brilliant, more forms.  Ah well, at least I have something to keep me busy today!  No more complaining Kirsty Harper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment