Monday 17 October 2011

Just A Little Detour...

Today's original plan was to visit the Police Station to let them know that i'm now residing within Norway, and also to contact the Norwegian Lesson centre to organise an appointment to then be able to start my lessons.  First thing this morning, around 8am, me and Thomas woke up and Thomas rang the Lesson centre for me, they simply said that they were fully booked until next Tuesday, which is fine, so I have an appointment for 10am next Tuesday, eek!  Next we went to the Police Station, only to find out that the 'Foreign Department' is only open 2 days a week, 4 hours a day - how ridiculous!  They're only open every Tuesday and Thursday!  So we're now having to go again tomorrow to get everything sorted, I can't believe they're only open Tuesday and Thursday, and even then, only from 10am - 2pm...what's up with that?!  I know opening times in Norway are slightly different to things in England but i'm so used to 'governmental' places being open every weekday from 9am - 5pm.  This is ridiculous!  Oh well, there's nothing that can be done about it so we shall just have to visit tomorrow instead.

So today has pretty much been a 'top up food' shopping and ironing day.  Thomas has now gone to work and I am sat alone in the apartment (with the Gerbils though of course...).  It feels very strange to be in a foreign country without anyone to keep me company or help me along, so strange...  I was going to go for a walk this afternoon and incorporate the shopping, however because me and Thomas did the shopping I feel no need to go out now.  The weather is horrible rain this afternoon anyway so I don't quite fancy venturing outside in that.  Instead I shall keep myself amused with the Gerbils and reading a book.  Wish me better luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment