Tuesday 18 October 2011

Let the job search begin!

Today was the day I was able to visit the Foreign Department within the local Police Station.  Once we had arrived, 7 people were already in front of us, even though we had arrived when the office had opened!  We ended up waiting an hour to be seen because the office only had 1 person to see everyone, how ridiculous!  The place only opens 2 days a week, 4 hours a day, and when it is actually open, there's only 1 person to see people!  What annoyed me the most, is when we were finally seen, the person never even spoke to me, as soon as they realised that my boyfriend could speak Norwegian, they spoke to him constantly, as if they completely disregarded me, even though the whole point was to talk about me and what I have to do...Surely the person working in the foreign department should be able to speak English?!

Anyway, we managed to get myself registered on the 'Norwegian System'.  So I am now officially registered to be looking for work.  I have 6 months to find a job, if I fail to do so then all I have to do is leave the country for 24hours then I gain another 6 months to find a job.  Hopefully it will only take me 6 months in the first place!  Now all I have to do is get my Norwegian lessons started then I can actually start looking for a job seriously.  At the moment I can't really take any jobs as I can barely speak any Norwegian at all, only a few basics.  Fingers crossed my Norwegian Lesson meeting next week goes well and they have a place for me to start learning asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment